Sunday, October 18, 2009

August got skipped

...and so did September apparently.

When school begins again, I find I have no time to do things like update the blog. Actually, that's not necessarily true. I could find time if I really tried, but the beginning of the school year is hectic, and exhausting and (lately) a little bit sad, so I simply don't. I clean house, I do laundry, I play with the kids, I grocery shop and I cook-- but I don't blog. I know that this is me packing my weekends trying to feel like I'm still managing the household, and trying to avoid thinking about what I'm missing out on when I return to the daily grind. And this year is certainly grinding, the most ever, with more students, new schedule, less prep time and continued looming turmoil of contract negotiations.

But, every moment with my family reminds me that I am undeservedly blessed, the simplest things are the most sublime and, in the end, my priorities are exactly where they should be. The rest, by faith, will take care of itself.


No comments: